SMS Marketing has been very famous because it delivers your message in pennies, You can easily advertise your product to numberless people who you even don’t know and can’t reach too. Most of the businesses practice it. SMS marketing has many advantages with it. More than 97.5 % of messages are opened with 05-10 seconds or receiving.
B2B SMS Marketing – The Necessity
Businesses are not practicing it as much as they should yet it is necessary for every business. We receive many Marketing SMS on daily basis promoting their services & products like insurance, internet, school, mobile phones, shoe, computer, laptops and others.
Being in B2B – do you receive sms promoting product you need in your business? These products are consumer products in general; they are not specified to businesses. We are running a business of belts. We use to need transport services to deliver heavy weight belts and tools at buyer site.
In last 5 years I haven’t received any sms from Company offering this service, yet we need it. Why? You have an office, there are printers too. You need paper for printing; you need printer’s ink (toner or cartridges). You need carpet, crockery, fixtures & more. Do you get specified message of these products?
Why Business don’t use SMS Marketing as Advertising tool??
Most probably either we are not familiar with our potential customers or we don’t have their contact details. Firstly you have to collect contact details of prospects to market then you have to advertise your product and wait to see benefits of Advertising. B2B sms marketing will boost your sale & company would be familiar in your customers.
Reading: “How to increase your sales by Advertising“
How to target customers in B2B SMS Marketing?
Targeting B2B customers was a tough job in past but today it has been very easy with its limitation. Your product is used in industries let assume machinery oil. Most practiced Selling Approach is having an office or shop in related market and wait for customers or going to them with samples.
How about pre-introduction? Do you want to Introduce your product through sms to all those customers you can’t easily approach like in other cities or industrial zones far from your office. Try approaching them via SMS. Hopefully they will call you. It would be a good decision – if you take it.
To target industries you can simply purchase trade directories like Chamber, Yellow pages & Associations or download listings and copy business information from online available listings. First of all submit your business details at our specified Business Directory. Once you have gathered the data you can collect mobile numbers from each page/ Webpage.
The Right Target in B2B SMS
You must target before sending messages. You have collected B2B customer, you used your own number for B2B sms Marketing. Still you don’t see increase in your sales or number of customer? Well, if your product is good, your price is reasonable, your services are competing & you hired Good salesman too. Still useless, Awwhh what do I do now? Step one what is your product & where it is used in industries?
Who is my target in B2B SMS Marketing
You are selling coal or wood for boilers or mechanical parts for machines. Trying finding answers of these questions.
- Question 1: Who is there to target?
- Question 2: Who can approve or disapprove your product?
- Question 3: Who is going to use it? All these are to be targeted.
Let say your sms campaign ran smoothly & you sent 10K sms to industrialists or business CEOs & Directors, only these maybe their in listings. Still no results? Think Why? Most of big businessmen even don’t know minor products used in their factories.
Reading: “Modern Sales Approaches“
They only know major ones like generator, raw material, main machinery parts infect they always focus on their Selling. You need to target right potentials to make your effort fruitful. It is you who can observe it better. You have better answer, what who is going to influence your sales. In general assumption I may help you with example of bearing or bush.
- Answer of 1st question is Purchase Manager & Purchase officer.
- Answer of 2nd question is Purchase manager, Production Manager & Maintenance Manager, Mechanical in charge.
- Answer of 3rd question is It is Machine so it’s operator, manager of this department *mostly production or Maintenance or Mechanical Manager.
Which number to use for SMS Marketing? – Your own
For this campaign in B2B SMS sending. You must select your own business phone number or someone’s number who can talk on your behalf with full product information. SMS marketing campaign will benefit you in several ways. If you received a marketing message, do you save all numbers? Definitely you don’t, it is hectic to pick or copy a number from sms as compared to saving message sender number.
Readings “Benefits of Business Registration“
Why I send messages from my number?
- Whenever we receive a text message. We make our first glance number or sender.
- If we are interested in product, most of us call right after receiving sms. It shall be convenient to call.
- Customer will assume you small or seasonal business. If you keep sending messages from different numbers or even from another number you don’t keep with yourself. It will give a bad impression on your customer if you phone is not answered or found switched off.
- In modern era we have smart phones most of us don’t delete messages, they stay in our inbox and backed up too. Whenever we open sms inbox, messages are being displayed with names we have saved, our message will be number. It will give your prospect a reminder of saving your details.
When I should send messages?
If you Observe both pictures. Both are educational institutions, the first one is sending message with reasonable gap between messages but the second one sending with nearly no gap. Actually it is because they offered special classes but it is hectic. So, understand consumer’s psychology first. If they are getting disturbed they shall surely avoid you instead of working with you. You must take a lot of care while deciding when to message. See my reply to frequently message sending institution.
Time to send Messages
Usually, in the morning everyone is busy in setting their work and at evening they are ready to rush home. The rest of time goes in working. So when to send message? The best answer is you can send them messages 11:30 to 3:00 and still the best is right after lunch time.
Reading: “Be the Best Salesman“
You can send the message to your prospects on occasions like EID, Christmas, National Days & others.
The right one
Al-Haq Traders wishes your a very happy EID.
The wrong one
We deal in belts, Happy EID
May all your wishes come true, Ramadhan is a month of blessings – may they cover you. Regards
The house of industrial belts wishes you a happy Ramadhan
Top Benefits of SMS Marketing
- Your message delivers within seconds. Reports suggested that message delivers in 07 seconds.
- Company bears extra costing for papers, printing & delivery through courier too.
- As told above, most of the messages are opened within seconds of receiving.
- Your message is focused to the campaign, Only right information is sent to buyer.
- It saves your time and buyer time too. Company & Customer both do not need to visit each other for information.
- Even if your message is not delivered to right person. Receiver can forward it to related person.
- Short messages can be stored for long time to re-read on need.
Worldwide | Nationwide Delivery
- Your buyer can be reached wherever they are in country or world.
- As compared to Tele-Marketing or Faxing your client. Your message is cheaper.
Conclusion of all SMS Marketing reading
Conclusively you should go with sms marketing. It is far better than other sources of marketing. There are lots of companies who can perform this task for you. You can also use your name as sender i.e., called Cooperate messaging and Branded Messages. Take a better and timely decision to rock in business.
Good Luck !
Important Notice: As per PTA rule, your sms service will be blocked upon sending 200 messages in 15 minutes.